Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 05-27-2024, 06:23 PM   #11
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,421 Times in 1,252 Posts

My MX20 pictured here is kind of a hybrid "UK style" with a sporting/game style buttstock and a game forend. I haven't seen Daryl's MX20 except for that one pic, and so its best for him to reply. On the other hand my new MX8 in 12-gauge is a competition gun with an adjustable comb, palm swell and beefier buttstock. But it has the game style forend which I wanted. Also the adjustable comb so I can shoot sporting as usual and quickly move/from Trap when I occasionally shoot it. Besides personal dimensions, many options for wood configuration and barrel length/weight are available. Also increasing levels of better wood figure. And then you have the different frame sizes with drop out or fixed trigger, selectable or not, and coil or leaf hammer springs. Really, every P gun is made to order and it's fair to say that no two of them are exactly the same. I understand the factory currently makes only about 1600 guns/year. Perazzis are noted for superb barrel and choke regulation, weight balance, swing dynamics and reliability; and with a modicum of care it's common for guns to run 100,000+ rounds before a tiny oversize locking block might be needed. A common saying amongst P gun shooters is "do you want to drive a Ferrari or a Tiger tank, or a log truck" .... or other similar comparisons? Not my saying, just posting what I've heard from higher class level sporting clays shooters many times.

Craig, that Perazzi in the link you posted looks and sounds good except that I'd prefer a selectable trigger and I don't like checkered butts. Just my personal preferences.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2024, 06:33 PM   #12
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,492 Times in 2,508 Posts

My MX20 is actually a skeet gun configured Perazzi with the target gun style forend with 29 1/2" barrels. It turned out to be the perfect, for me, sporting clays gun.
Unread 05-28-2024, 05:55 AM   #13
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,678 Times in 1,689 Posts

Thanks so much for your replies and education. Always learning---- I never realized how you can customize a Perazzi. If I had the talent I would consider one, but I enjoy shooting and collecting a great variety of guns.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post:
Unread 05-28-2024, 08:22 AM   #14
Buddy Marson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

You would not regret buying that gun. My DC12 has the same Purdey stock with the beavertail forend. A real joy to shoot!
Buddy Marson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddy Marson For Your Post:
Unread 05-28-2024, 10:53 AM   #15
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,007 Posts

If anyone wants to see a High Tech Lusso with long legs I can bring her to Hausmanns. It's a 33" 12g with SC2 wood and Wilkinson chokes. I am thinking of selling it for an MX2000 or small gauge Perazzi. I do not have the talent but God I love them so much.
Unread 05-28-2024, 08:11 PM   #16
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,492 Times in 2,508 Posts

Craig, they are like driving a sports car, a Ferrari if you will. I love shooting my SxS's but the P gun takes it to another whole level. I'll have my 20 and 28 and you are welcome to take them for a test drive.

Andy, I'd like to see your gun . I looked at a HT Lusso and the MX8 platform just felt livelier in my hands. Great gun though.
Unread 05-29-2024, 09:10 AM   #17
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,007 Posts

I'll bring it down Daryl. I agree, the MX8 is a bit livelier. Craig, the Perazzi are all made to order. No two are alike. When I got mine fitted it included the usual drop, cast, pitch, LOP etc. But you have the choice of like 26 fore ends, rib style, height, bead type, palm swell size, and the placement of the trigger so when you mount the gun your index finger lays exactly where it should be, as you like it. I have shot lights out with it, and then stunk up the bed when the 6" between my ears kicks in. So it's not magic, but they sure as hell recoil nice. I have fixed chokes and will never buy another gun with choke tubes if I can avoid it. My favorite shell, if I can even find them anymore, are Clever Mirage 7/8 oz 1300fps. Recoil very light and absolutely powder targets at any distance. All in all, when you consider you had a gun made FOR YOU for about $14,000 it's a good deal. I've been through a lot of other guns and would have been smarter doing this ten years ago. The other unmentioned thing is the incredible number of parts and stocks available and support, and the fact they hold their value so well. Congrats Frank!
Unread 05-29-2024, 09:29 AM   #18
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,023 Times in 1,433 Posts

You boys should get Perazzi to sponsor you. What a love fest.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Unread 05-29-2024, 09:40 AM   #19
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,887 Posts

Not a Perazzi but if you like the Honey & Smoke wood here's a Frankengun Parker 28 gauge that might work for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28 Build.jpg (513.5 KB, 6 views)
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 05-29-2024, 09:47 AM   #20
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,023 Times in 1,433 Posts

I hope that's your gun Randy!
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote