Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 04-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

very nice bird....you fellas are sure rackin them old toms up im jelous...yep give us a little info on the gun and shot size.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #12
Larry Mason
PGCA Member

Member Info

Jerry's story was so good and I knew my first picture was not going to load! But that was my first Tom with a Parker. I have been bow hunting turkeys for the past three or so seasons. I did take a Parker 12 Gauge last year on opening day as back-up for a friend who had never killed a bird. But this April twenty-first I had neck surgery and the doc said go but no bow. I was excited to take one of my 20 gauge Parkers. Out came the Trojan.
This year I took my buddies son, now eighteen who I took on his first turkey hunt when he was twelve. I had set up a ground blind for us on the edge of a field I had been watching. We had birds gobbling all around us. I called lightly once and stayed quiet until I knew the Toms were on the ground.
We had our first bird walking right to us at 6:50 and told the boy to get ready. Nice bird with 8-10" beard but he did not shoulder the gun in time. Then we had another Jake come in and I had to tell him he had a bird four yards to his right but he did not want a jake. He was so figety all morning. Then a bird fired off behind us and I told him that he was going to be on top of us real soon. He kept the gun on his lap and I just told him to lean back and I took the bird with my left and tightest barrel at twenty-five yards. RST-FIVE SHOT and Dave Smith Decoys. I am sure I tried to get a letter on this as I have on all my guns but Mark did not have info. It is a nice little gun though. Serial # 208449.
...and thank you Charlie. I love reading all of your hunting stories!

Larry
Larry Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

well this is my storey for this morning...got up at a lilltle bit after 4 oclock this morning got all of mygear together and was in the woods before daylight..i set my decoys up by using a flashlight boy was i ready...15 minutes after 6 a hen pitched down and came feeding by my decoys ..i just knew would not be long before a big tom would come my way but dont you knowlady luck aint giving me a fair shake thismorning...i set and watched the hen that had come by the decoysto keep from going to sleep she had fed out in the field to about 200yards from my setup...boy all atonce was i woke up i had forgot to turn my cell phone off i believe every thing in the woods heard that phone...got that took care of pretty quick... i went back to watching the hen and time was just dragging by nothing in that big field except that one lone hen and me....she finally started feeding back towards the decoys she sure put on a show cackling and purring at them decoys... she edged up to them decoys like she was the boss on that field feathers raised up like she was mad at them...well this went on for about 15 minutes all of a sudden she raised that head and was really listning about that time i heard a pack of dogs running what was probly a deer...the hen went to the edge of the field and flew across a little creek and she was gone...i stayed in my blind for about 15 more minutes went and gathered up my decoys ..figured it was time to find another spot to hunt came home eat me some grub and now im setting here telling yall about the morning.... glad you fellas done so well...been thinking aboiut using my 16 or 20 ga but just cant seem to get away from that old ten parker.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: