Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 03-22-2022, 05:15 PM   #11
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,188 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Shaffer View Post
When I was looking for some brass cases not too long ago, I wnet to their website and there was absolutely no mention of a brass shotgun shell anywhere, even using their internal search function. I have seen more new ones pop up at Midway etc since but they are likely inventory moving through the system.
Forgot to add that The Gun Works/Muzzleloading Emporium has all gauges Magtech in stock. One of note is they have 16 gauge on special for $30 a box. I bought a few boxes to have around. I will use them if I work up BP loads in 16.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2022, 01:18 PM   #12
charlie cleveland
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 7,801 Times in 3,968 Posts

art smokeless powder works good too....keep pressure on the wads when hot glueing them down on top wad...and real tight wads are nessary on black and smokeless...I use a little black powder about a 1/2 grain over the primer for the smokeless no duds this way....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2022, 08:19 PM   #13
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,141 Times in 3,639 Posts

I just saw some ideas for 410 brass . I’d heard in the past before about using 444 Marlin brass for 2 1/2” and I just recently saw a guy say he uses 9.3x74R brass for 410 3” . It’s a thought but I’d suggest before buying the stuff I’d google the heck out of it .
Unread 03-24-2022, 07:10 AM   #14
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 12,014 Times in 3,229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
If you go to their website they are advertising "Business and equipment for sale". I saw that while searching for sources for .50-70 brass. Supply and cost issues probably caught up with them too.
They have had that posted on their website for many years.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2022, 07:38 AM   #15
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Rocky Mt was a regular supplier to single shot rifle shooters. I used them breech seating 32/40 & 38/55. Cases turned from bar stock, RMC would make about anything straight wall. They perform different than drawn cases. Expand don’t spring back much. They were inconsistent too, due to various grades brass used.

Owners sold the business some time ago & suspect new owners are selling inventory.

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William Davis For Your Post:
Unread 03-25-2022, 10:39 PM   #16
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,188 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
art smokeless powder works good too....keep pressure on the wads when hot glueing them down on top wad...and real tight wads are nessary on black and smokeless...I use a little black powder about a 1/2 grain over the primer for the smokeless no duds this way....charlie
I mentioned the other day somewhere that the only thing different about a large pistol and a large rifle primer is a few thousanths in length. I have used a primer pocket conditioner reamer in large rifle size to condition all the magtech cases I have used. They really need it along with a hit with a bevel reamer to make them load easier. With that I can use a large or magnum primer, and never any duds.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote