Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 03-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,635 Times in 2,670 Posts

I would rely on TPS and the Serialization Book. There is even a faked 410 P.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Paul Carson
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
ahfoxman
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Paul Carson

Hello Again, A call from a friend last night prompted me to dig this up for your viewing pleasure. Although not a Parker piece, it came about when Mr. Carson won the Ohio State Shoot and declined the L.C. Smith Speciality Single Barrel Trap gun that was offered to him as he was a Parker nut through and through. He always told the story of how the L.C. Smith Co. then custom made this gold and enamel bolo for him instead. Upon his passing he directed that it go to Bob Purska, then on to me. It was 'lost' when Bob passed away but was later found hidden where he last lived and it was personally delivered to me by Mr. Carson's son-in-law. Wow, talk about devine intervention. You Parker old timers will remember Paul was never seen without it at a show and I watched a lot of gun nuts try and purchase it from him in vain over the years. All Great Stuff! Always remember Life is Good, Treat it with Respect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2075A.JPG (24.4 KB, 212 views)
Tom Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
charlie cleveland
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 7,801 Times in 3,968 Posts

i like parkers but i think i woulda have to took that single barrel smith...mighty fine storey and a good lookin piece it is.... thanks for showing.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #14
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,248 Times in 1,197 Posts

Talking about rare Fox guns, I just saw a dandy the other day. A friend just purchased a Fox HE that was owned by Marse Henry of Nash Buckingham fame. Now that's a gun!

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

The P 410 on a southwest Kansas pheasant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Montezuma Pheasant Hunt 2007 036.jpg (127.8 KB, 3 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #16
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Now that is a dream Bruce! Over your dog?

I watched my shooting student Chuck H. take several Kansas Roosters one day over his English Pointer with his Ithaca .410. I also watched said pointer clear out all the pheasant in a quarter section of dry lake bed weeds in four minutes flat.
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #17
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

CH shot the rooster, its his gun. He carried the 410 for two days waiting for a good shot and finally got a 15-20 foot crossing shot where he could hit the bird in the head. Have to pick your shots carefully with a 410.

Congratulations on your bird dog win. Its a heck of a note when the dog gets a higher stud fee than its owner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #18
Scott Gentry
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kidd View Post
Hello Again, A call from a friend last night prompted me to dig this up for your viewing pleasure. Although not a Parker piece, it came about when Mr. Carson won the Ohio State Shoot and declined the L.C. Smith Speciality Single Barrel Trap gun that was offered to him as he was a Parker nut through and through. He always told the story of how the L.C. Smith Co. then custom made this gold and enamel bolo for him instead. Upon his passing he directed that it go to Bob Purska, then on to me. It was 'lost' when Bob passed away but was later found hidden where he last lived and it was personally delivered to me by Mr. Carson's son-in-law. Wow, talk about devine intervention. You Parker old timers will remember Paul was never seen without it at a show and I watched a lot of gun nuts try and purchase it from him in vain over the years. All Great Stuff! Always remember Life is Good, Treat it with Respect.
Very close to this design, beautiful
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hunter arms 002.jpg (501.0 KB, 0 views)
Scott Gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Gentry For Your Post:
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #19
Jerry McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

I saw two .410's sitting next to each other in a rack at my gunsmiths shop on Wednesday of this week. I was discussing some barrel work needed on one of my A.H. Fox guns and got around to checking out the other guns awaiting service and there on the end of the rack were a VH and what I believe to be a PH. Both looked to be in original condition with the VH showing the most hunting wear. The other (PH?) was in excellent condition and sporting loads of color on the action and very good bluing on the barrels... I believe the guns were acquired foe a collector and were on for a strip & lube but did not ask... I can probably find out more about the guns as the person who dropped them at the shop is known to me. Very cool to stumble across this pair...

Jerry
Jerry McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote