Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 10-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Farrell View Post
Paul - to reheat and wax my 16 gauge paper hulls, I use an electric ladies curler iron in the 5/8" size. The 12 gauge hulls can also be heated on the same iron. There are smaller diameter curlers that will work with the 20 gauge.

Photos attached showing two 16 gauge hulls on a double curler picked up at a thrift store. You can find these curlers in thrifts and flea markets at $3-$5. Or new up to $35. I use just plain old candle wax. If I can find some paraffin at a good price I use it.

PM to follow.
Hey, John if your wife finds out that you've sat that thingy on her fine lace table clothe you are going to be in hot water!
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
John Farrell, Charter Member #33
Forum Associate

Member Info

Ah, the joy of living by one's self. I usually pose my Parker guns on that needlework table cloth, just because I can, without getting nasty looks or comments. I also drink whiskey out of the bottle while having ribs or chicken out of the smoker when I have dinner in the dining room.

When she left 20 years ago she asked me which of the horses did I want. I replied I would just keep the 3 birddogs in the kennel. Best thing ever happened to me and my life.
John Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #13
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

LOL: Welp; John you have said a whole lot there! I have always said that there are advantages and disadvantages to everything, and I think you have just pointed up one from being single!

She left and you kept her hair burner and it fixes empties. Another advantage.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,885 Times in 2,041 Posts

Paul, that was a great deal, but I got an even better one.
I was given a Mec 600jr in 16 ga, a Mec 600 in 12 ga, an old Pacific 150 in 12ga with a new in-the-box 16ga conversion kit. 20 boxes of old fiber wads in 12, 16, and 20 ga. and many bags and boxes of plastic wads (most I wont use). I got these from an older patient of mine who has stopped shooting. I teased him by asking where all the powder and shot were.
Then , I bought a new Lee LOad-All in 20ga from Angel for $20.
I guess the Gods have smiled on both of us. Leaving tomorow for a 2 week grouse hunting trip in the UP, I cant wait.
Shoot straight. Harold
Harold Lee Pickens is online now   Reply With Quote