Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #11
Andy Kelley
Forum Associate

Member Info

Leon to answer your question on value as a shooter; I have seen similar guns go for 1200 to 1500. The gun will be a great shooter and give you many years of enjoyment. I think if you find yourself woodcock hunting in alder hell ...the shorter barrels will be easier to manage than the original30" .good luck with it and thanks for posting the photos.andy
Andy Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
LeonE
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thank you all very much for the help! I was wondering about the barrel length for the past 2 years... I'm not a gun expert, just a normal Joe who likes to shoot clays occasionally, but I think it is a good shooter as well. When I first got the gun 2 years ago, I'd put about 10 low-pressure shells through it to test it out, and the gun functioned great. It was then cleaned, oiled, and stored away, and I haven't shot it since then, and it's only been taken out from time to time for some silicone cloth treatment. In case if you were wondering about the butt plate, I didn't break the butt plate myself. Long story short, the butt plate was broken when the gun was shipped to my FFL (either by the seller or UPS, I'm still not sure), and the insurance claim was declined by UPS. Thus, I purchased a repro butt plate right after I got the gun, but since I'm not a gunsmith and it is not my "go-to" gun, I've never been extremely motivated about fixing it.

However, I do have a lot of respect for Parker guns due to its reputation, quality craftsmanship and strong tie with our nation and its history. This gun has been stored away for a little over 2 years, and it is not right for it to sit inside a safe. Thus, I'm thinking to sell this Parker soon. I feel it should go to a nice home where Parker guns can be truly appreciated, and the next owner can decide on what to do about the original broken butt plate.

I understand the proper way is to become a member of PGCA and post a for sale ad in the member only forum, but I'm thinking to auction off this gun on GB because it is a shooter, not a collector grade. Anyway, I don't sell guns as a profession, but I did look up the bluebook, I think $725 would a good starting bid price, and IMHO the current condition is far more above 10% per bluebook's definitions, and there's no crack/split and the stock is not pinned... What do you think? Is $725 a reasonable starting price for this gun?

Again, thank you all very much for the help!

Last edited by Leone Young; 02-06-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Leone Young is offline   Reply With Quote