Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #11
Daniel G Rainey
Forum Associate

Member Info

Started snowing in West Point,Ms. around 7 this morning, quit around 11. Did not stick ( thanks be to God ) Piled firewood on the Porch yesterday. High temp. for today is 38 dropping to 26 tonight. Will spend late afternoon deer hunting from a shooting house. They should walk this afternoon. In the morning Bay my Boykin and I head to Prairie Wildlife for a tower pheasant shoot. Will shoot my RBL on the tower birds and break out
the PH for the walkup on the birds missed out of the tower. Great fun for dogs and hunters. The may be a bit nasty, but retirement is good.
Daniel G Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #12
Ken
PGCA Member

Member Info

On the south shore of Lake Ontario we have 10" or so and the good news is sunshine!
With any luck the government will be shut down for awhile.
Ken Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ken Burgess For Your Post:
Unread 01-22-2016, 04:03 PM   #13
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,971 Times in 4,804 Posts

I am in sight of DC. If we could only get the Federal Government to shut down for a month or two, we would be in hog's heaven.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 01-22-2016, 04:55 PM   #14
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,233 Times in 3,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael D Hankinson View Post
Could one of you post the complete title and author of "That's Ruff" I tried a library search and nothing is coming up. Thanks in Advance
http://www.amazon.com/Thats-Ruff-Ref.../dp/0578060132

If you do a web search you will find other vendors.

Great book wonderful gentleman who unfortunately passed away shortly after it was published
Unread 01-22-2016, 05:42 PM   #15
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,546 Times in 12,445 Posts

George King was a wonderful, generous, unassuming man and I always enjoyed talking with him.

I rate his "That's Ruff" among the true classics in my library - right up there with titles by Burt Spiller, H.P. Sheldon, G.B. Evans, W.H. Foster, Nash Buckingham, Corey Ford, Frank Woolner, Gene Hill and a small handfull of others.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 01-22-2016, 05:42 PM   #16
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,887 Times in 2,042 Posts

Thanks Rick for posting that. I couldn't remember the authors name and was waiting to get home from work--the author is George King. I haven't read GBE's book because it is the last one that I haven't read, and once I read it, well there will be no more GBE, so I am kind of holding on to it .
Snow wasn't supposed to start until after 5 here, but started around 1:30, only got 2 inches so far, but maybe we will get more than was predicted.
Baked venison steak and apple pie, along with a Great Lakes porter for dinner--good comfort food during a snowstorm.
Unread 01-22-2016, 05:56 PM   #17
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,469 Times in 2,494 Posts

Where do I start? 18"-24" predicted snowfall, wind gusts 35-50mph+, 20 degrees. All in all, WINTER SUCKS! I'm getting too old for this crap.

Can't wait for the Southern.

Yea Murph, would love to see the Govt. shut down for 6 months, but they still get paid when they don't work. I don't!

Plenty of bourbon, wine and vittles. Only my two labs like this crap so I guess not all is lost.
Unread 01-22-2016, 06:41 PM   #18
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

its been raining and snowing here today its down to a little sleet at the moment..for the most part the snow has passed me up will be 25 here tonite so i m setting here now telling yall about the weather..i think tommorrow i will just stay inside load up a few shells in 8 ga for them turkeys...hope all weather thru this ok....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2016, 07:39 PM   #19
Kentucky Bird Hunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

We had freezing rain all night last night here in Southern Kentucky, and then the snow started at 6:00 AM today. It fell unabated on 1/4" of solid ice all day, and still continues as of now. I was very proud of our farm team here (basically my daughter and I are the team!). We have plenty of food stored up, the wine cellar is stocked, and there is plenty of good bourbon. Gas tanks are full and plenty of diesel on hand. Several good books to pick up. The dogs love it, but the horses aren't quite sure! We have two 4WD trucks and the New Holland TN-65, so we won't be confined, but man, this is a big storm here in southern Kentucky. In fact, this storm would challenge storm-ready cities like Detroit or Buffalo!

All in all, a nice time to relax in the shop with a good book and admire over few guns, while sipping a fine Kentucky bourbon.....

Dave

-Andrew "Old Hickory" Jackson, America's 7th President
Dave Tatman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave Tatman For Your Post:
Unread 01-22-2016, 08:02 PM   #20
Carvel
PGCA Member

Member Info

Just took Molly (my Walker Coon Hound) out, the snow was up to her belly, she didn't like it much. I am only a couple hundred yards from the Chesapeake Bay. Northeastwind , the erosion will likely be bad but maby it will turn to rain, who knows. Not much you can do about the weather. Carvel
Carvel Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote