Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 07-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #141
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,434 Times in 4,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco View Post
I think a Flamenco Dance with Mike and Sam would be most fitting, with Tad working the strings of the guitar. Aaah....I have imagery of Mike in a tight fitting flamenco outfit now...

Trying to unsee . . . .
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2021, 10:16 AM   #142
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,589 Times in 1,019 Posts

Try this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flamenco.jpg (26.3 KB, 80 views)
Unread 07-27-2021, 10:26 AM   #143
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,616 Times in 1,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Frank, I don't understand that statement...?

Dean, I'm surprised you never saw that rule while at at tournament. Husband/wife and father/child are fine if they shoot along with at least one other person. The key words are no "2 person squads". Too easy to cheat on the score while at a score-ur-own event. Yeah I know that Mike isn't running the World SxS Championship and that we're all gentlemen and women. Just sayin that we all pay the same entry fee per event, and those who shoot for fun AND score, get upset and with no recourse except for a confrontation when they follow a squad that's casual (kind word) on the scoring.

Believe it or not there are known pair cheaters who are the subject of behind the scenes talk at these SxS events.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 07-27-2021, 11:00 AM   #144
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,929 Times in 12,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
Dean, I'm surprised you never saw that rule while at at tournament. Husband/wife and father/child are fine if they shoot along with at least one other person. The key words are no "2 person squads". Too easy to cheat on the score while at a score-ur-own event. Yeah I know that Mike isn't running the World SxS Championship and that we're all gentlemen and women. Just sayin that we all pay the same entry fee per event, and those who shoot for fun AND score, get upset and with no recourse except for a confrontation when they follow a squad that's casual (kind word) on the scoring.

Believe it or not there are known pair cheaters who are the subject of behind the scenes talk at these SxS events.

Believe me Frank, I know that.

I have never seen that rule because I have never shot the Main Event anywhere - I'm not good enough to play that game.

But family members are not the only ones who are "casual" about scoring... good friends have been known to do it too.
Possibly a better way the rules should be worded, "If you want to shoot with a good friend or family member you must also squad up with someone who you don't know or who is a stranger to you."...?

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2021, 12:40 PM   #145
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Dean, if you knew that why ask the question?

I’m not sitting around here bored and with plenty of time to proofread my off the cuff posts to the nth degree so 100.0% of the readers whether fun or serious shooters are sure to know exactly what is meant. My post at 9:21am today was written on my smart phone while our pup and I were in the vehicle and waiting for my wife to finish some shopping. It was intended to be helpful and I'll bet almost everyone caught its meaning even without my later reply.

You certainly know there are many nebulous posts here and if you want to make it your editorial mission to correct and suggest better ways they could have been written, have at it. But try not to pick out some and let the rest go.

Tempest in a teapot comes to mind here.
Unread 07-27-2021, 03:48 PM   #146
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

I did NOT know why you seemed to be singling out "husband and wife, father and child" in your post. Your meaning was entirely lost on me and possibly several others - I was only trying to get some clarification to your somewhat nebulous post. We've always been very cordial and friendly in the past.

Be well my Friend.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 07-27-2021, 03:58 PM   #147
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,420 Posts

Heck Dean, everyone in our community gnash their teeth and rend their garments when my wife and I enter any events of gamesmanship!
Unread 07-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #148
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Yeah Reggie - Apologies to everybody here. This is embarrassing to say the least.

Bygones I hope.

Unread 07-27-2021, 05:39 PM   #149
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
I did NOT know why you seemed to be singling out "husband and wife, father and child" in your post. Your meaning was entirely lost on me and possibly several others - I was only trying to get some clarification to your somewhat nebulous post. We've always been very cordial and friendly in the past.

Be well my Friend.

Yes you too Dean. Probably the reason I mentioned husband/wife and father/child is that some of the known sporting cheaters fit those categories. And when they shoot in twosomes, one or both always come in with a good score. That’s not fair to the rest of us who pay the same rate for a fair chance at winning either baubles or honors. In recent years we’ve started to see some of those twosomes who are/were sporting clays tournament shooters start into the SxS circuit and I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of them at Mike’s shoot.

Peace!
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 07-27-2021, 05:51 PM   #150
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,059 Times in 1,447 Posts

Well, I remember a husband and wife team who showed up at the last minute to my little shoot years ago and of course shot by themselves and the guy was high gun and got first Lewis money. Always wondered about that
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post: