Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 06-28-2024, 08:58 AM   #111
Cory Rams
Forum Associate

Member Info

Will do I think I’m also gonna load some up today with the hulls cut a little longer so I put a nitro card between the charge and plastic shot cup. Then I might try a card board OS card over the top.

It’s my normal 100 grain charge of FG with 1 5/8 oz of shot I use for turkey. Instead of using a half-inch nitro card I eliminated it and added a BPI tough wad that I slit all four pedals down to the base and then I trimmed the wad down to 1.458 inches. I also removed about 13 grains of shot and added back in 13 grains of original buffer just trying to tighten up my load pattern because I’m not really impressed with anything I’ve gotten so far tight enough for what I would call a good turkey hunting load past 25 yards.
I will pattern halfway decent 40 yards but I figured a plastic shot. Cuff and buffer might be the answer.

I don’t have a way to fold crimp so roll crimping is my only option currently.

I’ll be curious to see which one patterns better. From what I’ve read those plastic OS cards are supposed to shatter when firing and just blow out of the way I guess I’ll find out the pattern board will tell me all.
Cory Rams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #112
Cory Rams
Forum Associate

Member Info

Got a little fancy with my load today. I loaded up a few to try with my normal hundred grain charge of FG and a 15/8oz load. Instead of using a half inch nitro card. I ended up using an 8th inch thick nitro card that I split down from a quarter inch nitro card. I didn’t use the BPI tough wad cut down to 1.458 inches and slit all four pedals to the base. Took about eight #5 pellets out and added the weight back in with BPI original buffer. He did put a thin piece of question wide inside the shot cup and then I added one to the top of it to keep the buffer from coming out. I also put a cardboard over the top and roll crimped it. Hopefully it tightens up my load with the buffer and plastic shot cup. Anyways, here’s a picture of my role crimps they turned out really nice. Using Winchester hulls i’m guessing a rebranded Chedite. They are super soft and started bulging just above the brass so I have to watch it when I roll crimp them. Loaded up at 3 1/2 inch the same hall a half an hour later and basically crushed the top of the hall so I had to pull it and start over with a fresh hull. Never had that happen before roll crimping I’m wondering if I just didn’t have enough lube in my four pin roller???

Cory Rams is offline   Reply With Quote