Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #101
John Allen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,660 Times in 355 Posts

Dean,they want to take the Parkers anyway.I had an ATF agent stand in my store and tell me "I know you don't sell guns used in crime.I don't care.A gun is a gun to us."That is a direct quote word for word.They want them all.
John Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to John Allen For Your Post:
Unread 01-19-2018, 10:50 AM   #102
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

I know I will rile someone and I actually know some ATF agents. Did some work for GSA so bumped into alot of the federal agencies like ICE, FBI, IRS, Bureau of mine safety, ATF. Still just not to certain how valid that agency is anymore. There was a time with bootlegging, tobacco wars and firearms when that agency was created because other law enforcement could not handle. I just think that its operations could be absorbed into other agencies now.

Same thing with ICE and Border Patrol. They basically do almost the same thing its just that Border Patrol jurisdiction is 5 miles from a border, ICE has everywhere else. They actually have redound-it operations in close proximity that each work at about half capacity but they will not combine operations, its maddening to see as a tax payer.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2018, 11:52 AM   #103
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,339 Times in 3,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell E. Cleary View Post
The police officer quickly stopped that train of thought and just said...."between the eyes"
REC
A small moving target under stress ?

Anyone giving realistic advice will say center mass

As for racking the pump gun. These are the same Hollywierd folks that always have to work the slide on a pistol to chamber a round when they draw
Unread 01-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #104
BS
PGCA Member

Member Info

My Grandmother stopped a drug addict in her own home in the early morning hours. Her house was the third break in on the street that night and when my uncle got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night without turning on the lights he bumped into the man in the hallway in the dark and they proceeded to wrestle and fight when my grandmother grabbed the model 12 from the gun rack over her dresser, pumped the gun to chamber first round and pointed at the mans head and he froze like ice till the police came and took him away. You don't mess with a woman raised in Hazard County Ky.
Brett Souder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brett Souder For Your Post:
Unread 01-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #105
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,436 Times in 4,454 Posts

My son and I were talking about two new Gunbroker buys (Ithaca and 1 grade Parker ). He asks if I had to pay for the guns. I told him yes. He says but wait a minute, you said you won the guns. I didn’t think you had to pay for things you won. . . . Boy, if only
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 01-19-2018, 08:57 PM   #106
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,318 Times in 755 Posts

Yeah um, Robin and I have had that discussion a number of times! Funny, I “win” more GunBroker sales in the later evening, when Turkey 101 or Antique Welder are my partners! One of these days I am going to have a “whiskey auction” of the mis-fits in my collection that have been purchased under the influence! A highly customized Crescent 12 bore, with a top grade Fajen replacement straight grip stock, and super glossy hot blued barrels. A real winner!
Unread 01-19-2018, 09:27 PM   #107
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Boy I can't wait.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #108
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,090 Times in 1,478 Posts

“””Same thing with ICE and Border Patrol. They basically do almost the same thing its just that Border Patrol jurisdiction is 5 miles from a border, ICE has everywhere else. They actually have redound-it operations in close proximity that each work at about half capacity but they will not combine operations, its maddening to see as a tax payer.””

Before you get too upset you might want to check your facts. Not sure where you get this 5 mile jurisdiction but thats not correct.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2018, 11:04 PM   #109
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,318 Times in 755 Posts

I have lived deep in “Border Patrol” territory almost my entire life. They have no “jurisdiction” limitations other than the entire continental US, and their duties are vastly greater than those of ICE. In addition, in all of the border states with Mexico, they are supported by State Police. They are the first barrier to drugs, human trafficing, and political and terrorist subversion we have.
Unread 01-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #110
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

I am fan of the servants in both agencies and what they do to protect us. They are all Federal officers and have arrest powers across certain so called charges of operations. No debate. I have not gone into a deep dive into organizations and limitations or guidelines but know they roll up into Homeland Security. It was explained to me by an ICE section chief and agents a few years ago what they do and what border patrol is suppose to do, and they told me about Border Patrols is the first 5 miles guideline bit. I have no doubt that BP is involved in operations outside of that area and I know they will combine forces for joint raids anywhere in the US as needed. Not wanting to demean anyone in either organization but that is how/what it was explained to me. Not taking a side.

I have worked with many government agencies and you have to understand that servants in each are advocates for their agency. They all have to fight and argue regarding justification for funding of their agency and operations when it comes to budgets and funding on the Hill, aka as budget crisis and shutdown we are faced with as of today. I also know these rolls and operational guidelines shift as well due to budget issues.

Not wanting to open a can of worms again but my point is that there is so much overlap in some agencies that does not make sense to continue to operate in the way they have as a government entity or from a business decision standpoint. It is a bureaucratic madness. My original point was about ATF. I am just not certain its operations can not be broken down and absorbed into some other agency. Some one made the point that Border Patrol was first line of defense for illegal drugs and guns and probably so which is just another bullet point to the statement.

Anyway, I know its complex and many other interests and points of view but just stepping back and taking a high level view is maddening and confusing.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post: