Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread Today, 08:20 AM   #21
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,233 Times in 3,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
John, a very nice sounding and looking Parker and I'm sure you'll shoot it well. Thanks for sharing your mods which sound just great to me. Your combo of 20 and 30 points of choke are my preferred duo.

Like others I prefer double triggers on hunting and competition guns but I have to say I've owned good LC Smiths with Hunter Ones, Foxes with the Kautzky trigger, Ithaca NID's with the Miller type, Parkers with the later single trigger, and Model 21's. And while I shoot extensively I never had a problem with any of them except for a heavier pull on some which cramp my style because I tend to be a trigger toucher. I make it a point to pull through with any single trigger vintage American double gun. Maybe I've been lucky on getting good uns but I do check for function and signs that someone's been inside a single trigger gun before buying it (trigger plate screw slot, etc). Best of course is to make a deal to buy a single trigger gun while at an event and contingent on testing with heavier ammo for doubling, balking etc. Of course many on-line sellers won't agree to that which is a red flag for me.
I had a pair of DH 12 32” live bird guns , both left the factory without safeties . Think I sold you the pg one and the other was a straight grip gun that had been totally redone and during all that the do gooder decided to lighten the trigger . I shot quite a few times with that gun before I got in front of the bird . I like light but this thing was to darn light .