Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread Today, 09:37 AM   #11
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,685 Times in 2,909 Posts

Only rifles and pistols on my end. No shotguns.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread Today, 09:39 AM   #12
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,193 Times in 465 Posts

Bought quite a few but not a lot that are exceptional. I mostly buy what rings a bell.

Finished refurb of a G level lifter with Parker Lam barrels.

Found a nice little Cogswell&Harrison sideplate 20ga. Likewise a decent 410 single and same in 28. Both really old.

Bought a 1943 S3 that is configured exactly like my 1936 S2. Waiting on an early Lifter that is a low grade but looks really original and straight (paid too much).

Got a Webley 8ga double and a Scott 10 ga double, both around 1872. Both are the lightest double in the gauges I have ever handled and great condition.

Oddest may be a Verney Carron sliding breech single. It is a 10 ga and weighs 6 pounds. And no I haven't (and likely won't) shoot it. It is a very elegant gun due to its perfect function and minimalist mechanical design with only 35 total parts, screws and all. It is a waterfowl model and made for maybe 2 years before the war. They made only a few thousand total in all gauges over 30 some years. This model may have only a few in existence. They were never really marketed in the US and are pretty rare anywhere. This one is the only 10 ga I could find anywhere on the net. It looks brand new and is a really beautiful gun.

Three high grade trap singles to fill in the manufacturers in my collection.

A bunch of interesting European guns by unknown and unmarked makers that all have an odd feature and good quality build round out the year.

Probably about it for the year, although I have my eye on a really old 410 single with maybe a good provenance.

Missed a BHE with a highly suggestive provenance but a buttstock from a low grade Parker that the letter indicates may have never been useful based on it's original build specs. That is a story in it's own.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post:
Unread Today, 10:03 AM   #13
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,024 Posts

I got a well worn but wonderful fitting 16g on 0 frame VHE from JOSH LOEW and it's beyond what I expected. Will be a bird killing machine at 26" and choked Sk/Mod and my go to gun this year in Maine. Seems I'm having a love affair with 16g 0 framed Parkers : )
Unread Today, 10:34 AM   #14
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,299 Times in 528 Posts

I've had a busy year after deciding to refine my collection by selling some guns that didn't fit into my evolving shooting needs. I sold a couple of Parker 28's and 20's, a Parker 12 and a Super Fox 12 and added a Model 21 30" 12, and Parkers VH 30" 20, a straight grip VH 26" 28, DH 28" 16, GH 30" 16, GHE 12 32", 26" two barrel set and my first Parker A Grade 12.
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 12:05 PM   #15
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,162 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
Reggie it seems as though I recall you having a high grade small bore that has some Southern IN roots unless it has left your possession. I guess 30" is not long enough for you long barrel aficionados

Been sort of a quiet year for me although I have been living vicariously through my friends and their acquisitions, seems as though most of them are doing quite well at finding some new toys.
I have faith in you ! You’ve still got three months to pull it out and buy a few before the New Year
Unread Today, 12:11 PM   #16
Larry the Gun Guy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,717 Times in 420 Posts

Default New to me 16 gauge

I did run across a nice DHE 16 gauge straight grip, beavertail forend and a Parker SST with a skeleton checkered butt. It was made at the end of the Remington run. There is no additiobnal information available on this particular gun, but I can assure you it is a wonderful shooter. The other interesting thing is it is marked with 2-9/16" chambers. I do have another SUPER gun that I got, but I'm not quite ready to show that one.

X
Larry Stauch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Larry Stauch For Your Post: