Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Help, 16ga stacked cheddite and brass shells load data.
Unread Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #1
Youssef Abel
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Help, 16ga stacked cheddite and brass shells load data.

Hello all,

New to the forum and to shotgun reloading. I inherited a pair of pre war shotguns. A French SxS and and sweet 16. After cleaning them up and discovering 65mm ammo is a unicorn decided to reload and go with era appropriate methods and materials. I have looked and have little luck. I have not yet acquired any black powder, but have several smokeless alts, unique, red dot, and trail boss. Using trimmed primed cheddite shells for the sweet 26 and magtech brass for the SxS. Nitro / overshot cards and fiber wads for both.
Surprise, Surprise no current load data for those materials. Went to 16ga.com can't register to ask questions. Contacted BPI, they could not verify that any of their "cards" specifically reference 16ga + brass + Fiber wads + smokeless. I have tons of smokeless powder hate to go out and buy blackpowder. Although, I had thought about maybe MAKING some Bp, but that costs moreoney too.

Can anyone help?Help w/
Youssef Abel is offline   Reply With Quote