Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 09-15-2024, 04:40 PM   #31
David Noble
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,144 Times in 409 Posts

There were several that really interested me, but I have surgery Monday and didn't want to get in a pickle if you know what I mean, so I didn't place any bids. Maybe next time!
David Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2024, 04:50 PM   #32
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,137 Times in 3,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Loewensteiner View Post
Absolutely not the case. I announced several times during the auction that we clerk our internet platforms for Proxibid, Invaluable, LiveAuctioneers, and our own proprietary platform each to one single number.

Buyer 900 represents the Guyette and Deeter proprietary platform which had many individuals bidding on it throughout the entire sale.

The sale had a very high sell through rate.
So you’re telling me everything met reserve ?
Unread 09-15-2024, 05:50 PM   #33
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,352 Times in 3,276 Posts

The app shows very few items “passed.”

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2024, 05:57 PM   #34
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,137 Times in 3,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
The app shows very few items “passed.”
I’d be surprised if passed and not meeting the reserve are one and the same .
Unread 09-15-2024, 06:12 PM   #35
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Noble View Post
There were several that really interested me, but I have surgery Monday and didn't want to get in a pickle if you know what I mean, so I didn't place any bids. Maybe next time!
Hope all is successful with your surgery David.
Unread 09-15-2024, 08:18 PM   #36
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,188 Times in 462 Posts

I thought the prices were impressive. I bid on several and won only one that I intended to buy. I purchased the 1943 Beretta S3 that looked to be in good shape. I already have a 1932 S2 and I wanted it's stablemate. Those early S guns are a work of art and are lighter and livelier than the later guns. Combined with the dual triggers, they are some of the most focused hunting guns I have ever owned.

I will say that, as in past auctions, I lost a couple of low end guns I wanted due to the response of the platform and the speed of closing the auction. In several instances, I have lost the item because I prebid the opening price, waited for it to be acknowledged, a floor bid was taken before I showed up as bidder, I bid the next offer, hit submit and the auction closed before my submission was confirmed. My bid shows in the bidder list but no chance to rebid. This only happens for quick sales on guns with low interest, but it happens frequently.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2024, 07:38 AM   #37
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,289 Times in 524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Shaffer View Post
I thought the prices were impressive. I bid on several and won only one that I intended to buy. I purchased the 1943 Beretta S3 that looked to be in good shape. I already have a 1932 S2 and I wanted it's stablemate. Those early S guns are a work of art and are lighter and livelier than the later guns. Combined with the dual triggers, they are some of the most focused hunting guns I have ever owned.

I will say that, as in past auctions, I lost a couple of low end guns I wanted due to the response of the platform and the speed of closing the auction. In several instances, I have lost the item because I prebid the opening price, waited for it to be acknowledged, a floor bid was taken before I showed up as bidder, I bid the next offer, hit submit and the auction closed before my submission was confirmed. My bid shows in the bidder list but no chance to rebid. This only happens for quick sales on guns with low interest, but it happens frequently.
I followed the auction with the G&D app on my phone that provided live video and audio and had the catalog on the desk next to me. When using the app bidding is as easy as swiping once left to right and the recognition from the auction was almost immediate. I bid on several items during the auction never had an issue with my bid being acknowledged. My suggestion for those that had issues would be to use the G&D app instead of a third party app and be sure that your internet speed is sufficient.
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dan Steingraber For Your Post:
Unread 09-16-2024, 07:42 AM   #38
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,352 Times in 3,276 Posts

The app works well and quickly for me, too.

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 09-16-2024, 08:12 AM   #39
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,167 Times in 4,894 Posts

My experience was similar or identical to Art's. I hit the submit button, hit the confirm button, saw no other bids. The auction progressed to the next item. I assumed that I had won the item. Later I found that a higher bid had won the item. I have no idea what I could have done. Great auction, Josh.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 09-16-2024, 09:14 AM   #40
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 12,009 Times in 3,226 Posts

This is not uncommon, especially with multiple proxy services. I might be wrong, but I think it comes down to the auction personnel communicating with each other.
edgarspencer is online now   Reply With Quote