Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 09-09-2024, 05:40 PM   #11
ahfoxman
PGCA Member

Member Info

I put the same 'extra' height top on my kid's Tundra and the additional 4" or so really works great for my 84yr old back and I can just squeeze my scooter in.
Tom Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Kidd For Your Post:
Unread 09-09-2024, 07:00 PM   #12
George "Scott" Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,408 Times in 381 Posts

Faced the ugly part of my Montana trip today and took my Fox out of the case. My favorite upland game gun is a 16 gauge 28 inch made in 1913 Fox Sterlingworth. We've hunted in seven states over the last 30 years and we shared lots of foot miles together. Coming out of the last field I didn't see a cable laying in the bar ditch as grass was nearly waist high, of coarse it caught my foot right above the ankle and down we went. The empty gun landed on the gravel county road and disaster struck. Barrels tomorrow will be off to Breck Gorman to fix dent and probably rust blued and the stock was broken into 4 pieces. I've already started looking for appropriate stock blank. Some would probably suggest it's a bad investment to restock, but I'm sure this Fox will be in my hand when I walk out of my last field.
George Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George Davis For Your Post:
Unread 09-09-2024, 07:35 PM   #13
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,780 Times in 1,069 Posts

Shot my 1st year of production Philly A Grade 16 gauge ejector gun last Friday for the first time in 3 or 4 years; sleek and slim 28-incher with a "tiny waist" grip and great field dimensions. Found it at a terrible gun show locally; the dealer browbeat the hell out of me telling me how rare Sterlingworths with ejectors are, apparently never looked at the frame bar which is clearly marked "A". At $1K I let him be as right as he wanted to be. What a great gun!
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kevin McCormack For Your Post:
Unread 09-09-2024, 08:31 PM   #14
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 8,105 Times in 2,083 Posts

Great job Kevin, I picked up my A 16 in the early 90s for less than a grand, most I see now are 4 grand.

George. I fell last year in the UP and cracked the stock on my VHE 2O, still haven't fixed it but will be carrying it again this year.