Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 09-02-2024, 05:55 PM   #11
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,163 Times in 4,891 Posts

The seller says no FFL required, then says an FFL is required for all sales. I'll go with the No FFL Required.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2024, 01:23 PM   #12
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,185 Times in 459 Posts

That ad is a little confusing. It states a 10 and 12 gauge in the title but never mentions the 2 sets of barrels in the description ; but does show as lot of barrel pictures. It has always been listed as no FFL required.

No one mentioned but "this guy" is the LS&B auction company. I check their new listings every other Sunday and either set a watch or bid on the ones for which I have an interest. I bid a nominal sum on it early but it has recieved a good amount of interest this early in the auction.

As an aside, I was getting a little confused by LS&B because their listings for guns in general and C&R/antique listings had been really dropping since they started their live auctions. I discovered only recently that they were gradually shifting almost all of these guns to their Wyoming Outpost auction site. I suspect they are getting fed up with California and their many rules. It likely really impedes their ability to receive guns from Type 3 licenses for resale. I hadn't checked the Wyoming site in a while and finally did and realized they listed most of the guns I am interested in. The site is still shown as Wyoming but the gun locations is listed as LS&B Wyoming. Most people may not know they run two sites and may not even be seeing the ads. I am surprised they didn't announce the change on their auction site.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2024, 02:19 PM   #13
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,163 Times in 4,891 Posts

All these changes were explained on their website a long time ago.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2024, 09:52 PM   #14
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,185 Times in 459 Posts

Probably, but I seldom look at their website. I doubt many people do; just check their auction listings. They generally include significant changes on their sales listings. They are still carrying a notice about ending their lay-away program. I don't believe they ever mentioned this on their Gunbroker listings. The transition started becoming noticeable about 6 months ago and I am on their listing site almost daily and have been for years. I don't recall any mention of the change. It started after I recieved a paper catalog for their first live auction.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote