Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:55 PM   #21
Robert Brooks
PGCA Member

Member Info

I quail hunted for years in Georgia with my 20 gauge GHE skeet gun and the single trigger balked only one time not firing the second barrel. Bobby
Robert Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2024, 07:48 AM   #22
esetter - Gerry Addison
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,096 Times in 289 Posts

I have owned and shot many, many Reproductions and have only had two with doubling problems and a simple cleaning solved the problem on both of them.
Gerry Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gerry Addison For Your Post:
Repro
Unread 08-06-2024, 10:30 AM   #23
Scott Gentry
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Repro

I have had doubling issue on two guns, one mine and one belongs to a friend and both were new or like new condition and a good cleaning fixed both.
Scott Gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Gentry For Your Post:
Unread 08-07-2024, 07:37 AM   #24
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,588 Times in 1,291 Posts

I own two 12-gauge Parkers with the later version of the factory single trigger and they both work well in R-L and L-R firing sequence. I'm kind of a "trigger toucher" and have to remember to use a little more pressure on that second barrel otherwise its hammer won’t release with my normal light touch. Both guns require about 1.5 - 2 pounds more pull (per my trigger pull gauge) on that second shot no matter which barrel is fired first, which is good. I never had a double fire when shooting a variety of light to heavy loads, or a FTF the second barrel with that little heavier pull. One of the single trigger Parkers is pretty new to me with about 200 shots fired; and the other one has been with me about 3 years now with almost 2000 rounds fired over that period.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 08-07-2024, 06:53 PM   #25
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,066 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
The notion that many of them tend to double, IMO, has been blown way out of proportion. There has even been a story floating around for years that the original single trigger Remington Parker that was used as the model for the Winchester/Olin-Kodensa craftsmen to clone had doubled. These new Parkers were so faithful to this original Parker that they doubled, too.

It's a fact that some Parker Repros have doubled, but a simple cleaning of the trigger mechanism has solved the issue in many of these cases. It's also a fact that the majority of single trigger Parker Repros have functioned flawlessly for their owners.

Here's what I would do if considering a Repro (or any other make of double) with a single trigger: I would tell the seller that I will purchase the gun at the mutually agreed upon price, but with a contingency that I can shoot the gun at a couple of rounds of 5-Stand or Skeet to ensure the gun functions properly in all respects including trigger pulls, ejectors, POI, etc. If the seller won't allow shooting of the gun then I would insist on a warranty. If no warranty is offered, I would look elsewhere.
If a seller had to meet your demands on selling a gun, no Guns would be sold!

Harry
Harry Gietler is offline   Reply With Quote