Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Merry Christmas continued
Unread 12-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

Default Merry Christmas continued

Sorry for a new thread, but I couldn't post pictures on the other thread.

Happy Holidays to all! This will be an extra special Christmas for me. I am back permanently in the family home in Pawling, NY, living with my brother who is disabled and has lived on a 100% monthly disability payment since the Viet Nam war. He was a machine gunner and was seriously wounded by a hand grenade that was thrown to take him and the machine gun out. It wasn’t a direct hit, but he sustained terrible wounds. He is thrilled to have me back to help him as he grows older.

I am now minutes from my grouse coverts and duck hunting areas, just like it used to be when I was a boy. Below is a picture of my working Parkers. I use most of them during the season. Although I have my core favorites, I like using different guns throughout the season. The rifle to the left is my pre 64 model 70 in .270. I’ve taken a ton of different game with that gun. It was stocked by master Spokane stock maker Don Johnson in Turkish walnut back in the ‘70’s.

The dog is my new year-old started setter. Her trainer did a great job with her and she handles and hunts beautifully. Too early to say whether she will become a true grouse dog, but she is as far along as any one year old that I have had. The second picture is of my finished retriever and the little setter. She likes to lay on him. He doesn’t mind and they have become great friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0012.jpg (496.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20181211_124718_Burst01.jpg (493.1 KB, 0 views)
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tom Flanigan For Your Post:
Unread 12-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,150 Times in 3,641 Posts

Merry Christmas to you and yours ! This truly is a great Christmas , our little man (grandson) turns 3 on 12/23 and my nephew who is practically like a son to me had a son on 12/22 .
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 97D0E7B0-60D4-4A1A-8AB6-00DC4EA65AAF.jpeg (196.5 KB, 2 views)
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post: