Search "sousa parker" and click on the thread "Guns of J. P. Sousa" and you will read about the sale of Sousa's AAH as well as Al's and my search for the Purdey. At the end of that thread is a group of Sousa pictures with guns as well as a link to pictures of the last Sousa Grade Knick, which is also in my possession. I will try to get pictures of Sousa's Diamond Grade Daly double pigeon gun. It was made in the exact form as his AAH Parker, including the engraving pattern. Both guns are 30", straight grip, no safety guns. The Daly is the only no safety Daly pigeon gun I have ever seen. Both engraved with all scroll, no birds or dogs. All scroll on a Diamond Daly is very uncommon, maybe unique. Both the Parker and the Daly were made in the same period, very late 1890's. It came through the same auction house as the two guns I wrote the articles about. Apparently, all three guns were in the same household before they were consigned to a PA auction.
|