Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #6
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,177
Thanks: 41,649
Thanked 38,394 Times in 13,903 Posts

Default

Your opening introduction and comments about this Parker and its history are quite astute and that wood screams original stock but I’m having a very hard time getting my head around the originality of that double fleur-di-lis extending into the wrist checkering. It doesn’t seem to have the perfection of shape and ‘roundness’ or contour of each petal of the fleur for what we expect to see on a fully original A1S. I’m not saying the wood isn’t original but IMO something’s not quite right in the treatment of the wrist.





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
 

Tags
a1 special, cirassian walnut, gun stocks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.