Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread Today, 08:30 AM   #11
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,741 Times in 2,588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gietler View Post
Are you ''Kidding''. With the anti gun laws passed by the last two Moron
Governors in New York it would be a FLOP. Plus only Old Guys Would be their. What these shoots need is to be held in gun friendly states, further West like Ohio. We need
guys that will buy from Vendors. Most all the guys in the East, Don't Buy. We need cash prizes, Not Bling. We need NEW BLOOD, not just the same old, same old guys. Just look at the pictures of the fellows that win the Bling, same guys every time. Put it in the Mid West and I bet most of the Eastern guys don't show up. I was shooting at Ben Avery in Arizona, didn't see one Eastern guy. Vendors smarten up very fast, people don't buy, they stop coming. Ohio would be a Nice
Central location, give a lot of other Parker members a chance to attend and they would have money to spend. It would be a Win- Win for every body.

Harry
Ohio is a great idea Harry. I hear Springfield is nice this time of year. Just don't bring your dog or pet goose.
Unread Today, 09:24 AM   #12
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,176 Times in 4,897 Posts

The Vintage Cup, when first held at Hopkins Game Farm, was a total bust for vendors, end of story. If it weren't for the PGCA annual meeting held at the facility the same weekend, no one would have been there to purchase anything. In contrast with the Vintagers in 2023, the facility proprietors were not at fault. George Hopkins runs a great venue and the low turnout was a mystery to attendees. Hopefully, this year will be different, but all news points to a mediocre event. As I have stated before, I will attend this year's event, but only because I can sleep in my own bed before deciding whether I will be there for a second day.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 09:29 AM   #13
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,294 Times in 526 Posts

Speaking of Ohio, some of us Ohio Fellas have discussed the possibility of hosting a 2 day shoot at a very nice venue in Eastern Ohio. Some of the issues to be addressed are technical advice from an experienced host and a date that would not conflict with exisiting events.
Dan Steingraber is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dan Steingraber For Your Post:
Unread Today, 10:55 AM   #14
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,018 Posts

Glad to see you're not a cranky curmudgeon anymore Harry!!
Unread Today, 01:38 PM   #15
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,067 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber View Post
Speaking of Ohio, some of us Ohio Fellas have discussed the possibility of hosting a 2 day shoot at a very nice venue in Eastern Ohio. Some of the issues to be addressed are technical advice from an experienced host and a date that would not conflict with exisiting events.
I would not worry about a date that would conflict with existing events. Those
Events are dying off anyway, so the people who came to those would Flock to yours. So would the Vendors.And the mid-west would mean Guys with ''Money''.
AND a big plus , Not OUT IN THE STICKS.

Harry

Trump - Vance - 2024
Harry Gietler is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 02:48 PM   #16
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 12,054 Times in 3,233 Posts

A few years ago, the Vintagers held their event on the same weekend as the Orvis Game Fair, and two things were evident. The vendors at the Vintagers considered it disappointing, and attendance was way off from the previous year. Having just spoken with August Morris, he reports that this year's Game Fair was one of the best years for he, and previously, his dad, both for foot traffic, and sales. (So much for Harry's theory that the NE old men don't have any money) He said he would have considered the Vintagers, except for the two weeks in between the two events. RHO is much closer to Maryland, than the 1300 miles for August to travel, but going home and unpacking, only to repack again two weeks later was out of the question. The Dover Furnace Vintagers was OK, But the last good Vintagers, in my estimation, was when it was held at Addieville East Farms.
edgarspencer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post: