Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-26-2023, 03:02 PM   #1
Member
Ryan Lux
Forum Associate

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Posts: 6
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

Wow....restorations can cost up to $10k? I had no idea......im actually kinda floored. If I did find a way to invest $10k into this and get it back into great shape, would it be worth anything more then the fixer up investment? I thought I would maybe display this in my man cave if I did restore. But for that amount it might be best kept in the safe.
Ryan Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2023, 08:23 PM   #2
Member
edgarspencer
PGCA Member
 
edgarspencer's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,024
Thanks: 3,627
Thanked 14,672 Times in 3,821 Posts

Default

Confirm if the barrels are still 32". If not, forget the restoration route. You might consider looking for a donor gun. Even if the donor isn't also grade 3, a good stock guy can rework it to give drop points, and then properly finish and checker in Gr. 3 pattern. The 10ga guns are found in 2 and 3 frame, and a 1 frame 10 was reported here. Lots to digest, so don't be in a rush.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.