Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #1
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,174
Thanks: 41,639
Thanked 38,393 Times in 13,902 Posts

Default

Yeah, like the shear pins on my snowblower... that might see some use today





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 04-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
Member
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime
Member Since
Second Grade

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,413
Thanks: 7,345
Thanked 10,975 Times in 5,737 Posts

Default

My 800B loaders, five of them, are going on fifty years old, so I can't help much. However, on the 800B, when things lock up, it is usually an unseated primer or a half seated primer that must be found and cleaned out. That is in the "book". I just did that fix a couple of days ago. Somehow, I have always been able to find the culprit and fix it without breaking something, but it is sometimes a time consuming search. First, I had to turn off the shot and powder and block the primer feed. When I finally got to the problems, it was uncertain which shells had how much shot, powder or a primer, so I discarded all shells in progress at the time of the blockage. Small price to pay to eliminate the possibility of a double charge or no charge. I have hand stamped numbers on all the stations on my turntables so I can say, in my mind, "shell in #2 has no powder". Or maybe it would be "discard #2 through #7 because of doubtful content". One thing, after more than a half million shells loaded and several shot spills, I have never had shot seize up the machine. In my experience, a seized machine is always an improperly seated primer or shell case. Good luck, Dean.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.