Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-31-2019, 11:43 AM   #1
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,174
Thanks: 41,639
Thanked 38,393 Times in 13,902 Posts

Default

The avian predator problem we had in my hunting area is virtually gone. I have yet to see a goshawk or a barred owl this season at all. The grouse numbers there have been diminishing for a few years now but this year we are seeing far fewer than even last year... but the avian predators have moved on..... or have succumbed to WNV themselves...





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
Member
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
CraigThompson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,024
Thanks: 6,857
Thanked 9,723 Times in 4,263 Posts

Default

I never bird hunted the Catskills I did however look around a bit for a deer spot when I used to hunt the Poconos . Couple years I killed my PA buck the first day and I had nothing to hunt except a doe or two the rest of the week . So one year I decided to scout a few public places right over the river and kinda close to Monticello . I thought I had found a couple likely spots then a friend that was a local in the area told me about the hord that came out on public land for deer so I kinda trashed that idea .
__________________
Parker’s , 6.5mm’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s and my family in the Philippines !
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.