Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-04-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,181
Thanks: 41,685
Thanked 38,404 Times in 13,906 Posts

Default

The pin is exceptionally hard and would be extremely difficult to deform it if that route were chosen. I did it once on a pin that shifted a bit with probably every shot. It wasn’t easy to do it.

Go ahead - call me a shade tree gunsmith....





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 10-04-2018, 08:17 PM   #2
Member
stumpstalker
PGCA Member
 
Russell E. Cleary's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,016
Thanks: 11,624
Thanked 2,592 Times in 735 Posts

Default

This is what I have as best I see it.

Upper drawing is normal condition with a Parker (when I look at other guns). Domed pin heads on both left and right are in place, snug with receiver sides; not absolutely flush (they are domed, and not flat-headed); but, possibly are slightly countersunk into a tapered opening, or drill hole in the receiver's side.

Thus, it does not look like either side can draw through it's opening.


I depict one pin all the way through, but do not know how it actually is (or should be). Just using my imagination here, no X-ray vision.


Lower drawing shows the pin head extending from the right side, which is what I have with the gun right now. When I do tap it in, the left side pin head is the one that extends out and the right side then becomes nicely seated. As said, it "reciprocates".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg recvr.pin.oct.2018 (1).jpg (62.8 KB, 0 views)
__________________
"First off I scoured the Internet and this seems to be the place to be!” — Chad Whittenburg, 5-12-19
Russell E. Cleary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russell E. Cleary For Your Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.