Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-29-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
Member
Mike McKinney
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 368
Thanks: 2,923
Thanked 544 Times in 205 Posts

Default

Craig, Great meeting you! As much as we talked I had not put you with your forum name. Now I’ll know and I really enjoyed our conversation. Mike
Mike McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike McKinney For Your Post:
Unread 04-30-2018, 12:41 AM   #2
Member
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
CraigThompson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,026
Thanks: 6,857
Thanked 9,723 Times in 4,263 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McKinney View Post
Craig, Great meeting you! As much as we talked I had not put you with your forum name. Now I’ll know and I really enjoyed our conversation. Mike
Yes sir it was nice meeting you as well !

I have a sneaking suspicion the conversation is far from over but rather on hold
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
Member
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Garry L Gordon's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,005
Thanks: 17,303
Thanked 13,638 Times in 4,088 Posts

Default

My first visit, albeit a short one, to the Southern. I was really impressed with the guns I saw and the several folks I got to speak with. I got there early on Friday and when I visited the Parker/Smith tent folks were still setting up. What I did get to see was impressive. I missed meeting anyone, but still enjoyed browsing.

I can sure see that there's a lot of behind the scenes work done for this event. I don't know who is responsible, but I offer my humble "thank you" to any- and everyone who helped with the organization and set-up. I hope you know that your work is appreciated.
__________________
"Doubtless the good Lord could have made a better game bird than bobwhite, and better country to hunt him in...but equally doubtless, he never did." -- Guy de la Valdene (from A Handful of Feathers )

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2018, 11:15 AM   #4
Member
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
George M. Purtill's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,345
Thanks: 2,040
Thanked 2,348 Times in 867 Posts

Default

I don't know very many people except old-timers like myself so I think name tags that we can wear to the various PGCA events we attend are a great idea.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post:
Unread 04-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
Member
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Dave Noreen's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,170
Thanks: 2,088
Thanked 9,829 Times in 2,832 Posts

Default

Back when I joined the PGCA we got a nice metal name tag --

PGCA Name Tag.jpeg
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dave Noreen For Your Post:
Unread 04-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
Member
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
George M. Purtill's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,345
Thanks: 2,040
Thanked 2,348 Times in 867 Posts

Default

Nice Dave
who did those for us?
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post:
Unread 04-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #7
Member
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
John Davis's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,261
Thanks: 5,040
Thanked 8,619 Times in 1,592 Posts

Default

I’ve got one of those
__________________
"Life is short and you're dead an awful long time." Destry L. Hoffard

"Oh Christ, just shoot the damn thing."
Destry L. Hoffard
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.