Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
Member
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
CraigThompson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,026
Thanks: 6,857
Thanked 9,723 Times in 4,263 Posts

Default

I've had a touch of shingles since the 24th . So I hadn't been out till yesterday morning . Think it was 17 or 18 I sat in a tree from 06:15 until10:15 then got down got the ATV and ride all my trails . I saw not a single deer track in the snow , kind of a let down to say the least . So I have laid off today and plan to hit it again bright and early New Years morning , supposed to be single digits in the AM suppose I better take a thermos of hot choco or coffee .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post:
Old 12-31-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
Member
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member
 
Jerry Harlow's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,214
Thanks: 5,034
Thanked 3,237 Times in 1,050 Posts

Default

Went dove hunting with a young man and he killed two at his granddad's farm yesterday and I was skunked. I did not know he had been out the evening before and chased them all away. Only saw five birds. It got up to 39 yesterday afternoon so I went after deer. Three little beagles were coming so I got up and the lead dog was the only one barking behind a herd of ten does and fawns. When they got to a fence they split up and went every way. They had been out of range but one doe split off and ran my way. One load of 00 from a Beretta Extrema gave me meat for the landowner. He is crazy about a rack of venison, and this young deer delivered today already cut up with ribs intact to the tenderloin and soaked in salt water overnight made him happy. Bitter cold today to make up for yesterday. Single digits tonight.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Member
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Garry L Gordon's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,004
Thanks: 17,294
Thanked 13,628 Times in 4,087 Posts

Default

I sure wish we could use buckshot here in Missouri. I'd like to use one of my old guns with some buckshot like we did when I was growing up in Virginia. It's muzzleloader season here now, but way too cold for me to climb into a tree stand and sit (Zero right now!).
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #4
Member
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member
 
Stephen Hodges's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,359
Thanks: 8,268
Thanked 4,505 Times in 1,175 Posts

Default

Was at camp in Pittsburg, NH, for the holiday weekend. Minus 24 degrees yesterday morning. Cold
__________________
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.