Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Member
Dean Freeman
Forum Associate
 
Dean Freeman's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 203
Thanks: 493
Thanked 86 Times in 55 Posts

Default

Whether or not you think people should be tinkering with their guns isn't the point here. Brian's book idea would be a fantastic compendium of knowledge that we would all be the better for having access to. Bodgesmiths, garage gunsmith's, and the like will screw up what they're going to screw up, whether there's a book to guide them along or not. For those who are competent enough to use such a book, or for those who would simply have it for their gun library, we'll all be the better for having such a resource available.
I want three... One to replace the original after its pages are so smudged and torn that it is no longer of use, and the third to sell so I can pay for the first two, once it becomes a collector and you can't find it any more!
__________________
Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. This way, once you've criticized them, you're a mile away... and you have their shoes.
Dean Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Freeman For Your Post:
Unread 01-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
Member
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Brian Dudley's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,436
Thanks: 568
Thanked 21,061 Times in 5,259 Posts

Default

Well, this book project is going to take me a while to put together, but I am working on it.

I wanted to share what I am doing as a starting point.

What I wish to be able to do with this book is have a be all/end all when it comes to parts diagrams/lists for Parker guns. I would hope that one day it could become the standard that people refer to by way of diagrams. I plan on doing this by making sure that EVERYTHING is in one place, simply shown and easy to follow. Yet, be comprehensive in covering every variation of part over the whole span of manufacturing. I plan to cover all action types (hammer/hammerless/SBT), ejector system and likely single triggers as well.

The first thing I am having to do in this process is
create electronic vector drawings of each individual part. Then the parts can be arranged how I wish to show them in the diagrams.

Here is an example of my vector drawings for a hammerless trigger plate assembly (early style).

Hammerless Trigger Plate Assembly Old Sample.jpg
__________________
B. Dudley
Brian Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.