Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Member
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,444
Thanks: 2,158
Thanked 4,920 Times in 1,346 Posts

Default

Mr. McCrocklin, also see Double Gun Journal Volume 13, Issue 2 (Summer 2002), p. 43 for my article on a unique 10 ga. Grade 5 underlifter hammer gun, specifically the discussion on the vagaries of establishing grades before the numerical grading sequence was begun by Parker Bros., and some of the intracacies of determining grades after that, as in the case of extra embellishments, etc. The early ones will often surprise you!
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
Member
jack mccrocklin
Forum Associate

Member Info
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

thanks to all for the tips re identifying the recently discovered lifter. I have the family bringing it to my shop tomorrow to begin the ID process.
this will be my first time to actually research the details of a Parker this old and I'm sure I'll need plenty of guidance.... but I know I'm in the right place.
I will post measurements, markings info, and pics asap.
jack mccrocklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.