Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
Member
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,216
Thanks: 149
Thanked 823 Times in 445 Posts

Default

Here is the chart I made up numbers are quickness. Relative quickness is subjective not the final word but a good indicator of what may work that's similar to your preferred powder. All were cross checked with Hodgdon's on line loading manual to confirm they were acceptable low pressure 3/4 oz 20 loads. Longshot was not recommended for 3/4 oz loads for some reason. Wanted Unique could not find any, kept the chart in my shirt pocket scouring Internet sites and stores. Ended up with Hodgdon International which is working fine.

Unique Alliant 31
20/28 Alliant 30
PB Hodgdon 23
Int Hodgdon 21
Super Hcp Winchester 20
Green Dot Alliant 17
Am Select Alliant 15

Bill

Last edited by William Davis; 01-26-2014 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: ommision
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Member
10 bore
PGCA Member
 
scott kittredge's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 8,275
Thanked 2,803 Times in 904 Posts

Default

I use 13 grs of 700-x for 3/4 oz. 20 ga loads. I use 700-x from 3/4 oz. 20 ga to 1 1/4 oz 10 ga. works great in all temps. and 1 powder to buy, clean burning, low pressure win win for me, scott
__________________
No man laid on his death bed and said,"I wished I would have worked more"
scott kittredge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scott kittredge For Your Post:
Unread 01-26-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
Member
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Daryl Corona's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,497
Thanks: 20,359
Thanked 9,007 Times in 3,377 Posts

Default

I've been using 20/28 in my 3/4oz. 16 and 20ga. loads and I just love it.
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.