Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
1883 parker hammer 12 ga
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
bodie johnson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default 1883 parker hammer 12 ga

Hello, I was going through my vault yesterday and this Parker was tucked in the back. I traded for it about 16 years ago and always wanted to restore it. I do not have barrels for it, and at this point am wondering if I can find a set of barrels for it or if I should sell it to someone who is in need of what I have.
I have spent some time on the internet trying to see one with the similar dog and bird scenes that are on the sides, but have been unable to locate one. It is fully engraved on every piece of metal except for the triggers, and has some very nice wood in the stock. The left side has two dogs and a pheasant, the right side has two dogs, the bottom of the receiver has a dog, and just in front of the trigger guard there is a pheasant. The metal plate at the butt is also engraved, and the screw heads are also engraved. The forend iron is also engraved, but has no dogs or birds.
There is some remaining gold plating on the lower tang in front of the trigger guard, and a little left around the edges of the "sideplates". The serial number is 36494 and directly above it is the number 4.
Any kind of information and advise you could offer me on this gun would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (510.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (520.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (521.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (522.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (513.3 KB, 10 views)
bodie johnson is offline   Reply With Quote