Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
crow call or deer call
Unread 08-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,797 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default crow call or deer call

just got back from trying to scare a few crows off the dove field them rascals have about took over....well i grabbed the old double 12 ga and a few shells and my 2 best crow calls....got to the field and found me a good set up i loaded the gun and then begun calling...the crows werestarting to come in and i hear something walking in the leaves toward me.. my first thought it was my old blue tick hound had followed me...i was really blowing the calls and the sound was still coming i turned and looked it was a great big doe deer she seemed really interested in the crow call...crows were circleing deers standing 15 foot away i was getting to interested in the deer so i stopped calling and focussed on the crows i scared 3 of them to death...rest of crows left...deer just kept standing there blowing at me even after i had shot 3 times... she finally went away ive never had a deer that could see me and me moving and shooting to stay in the same spot she was there for at least 1 minute....guess ive got a better deer call than a crow call...this makes several times that deer have come up to check out my crow calling...maybe ill take my crow calls this year instead of my rattling horns and grunt calls when deer season comes around.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote