Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Repro Repair
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Gary Laudermilch
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,101 Times in 674 Posts

Default Repro Repair

Hi,

This is my first post although I have been reading your comments for years. Many years ago I purchased a 20 ga. repro(26 inch, pistol grip, splinter, double trigger) that immediately became my favorite grouse/woodcock gun. I also shoot it at 5-stand quite a bit prior to the season start, about 1000 rounds per year). I always wondered how I would get it repaired if something broke. Well, my greatest fear was realized recently when one of the ejector hammers broke. I took it to a very competent double gunsmith who said he could make a replacement part. After some time he confessed that the part was just too complex to fabricate. He was attending a double gun class at Colorado gunsmith school and was advised there that someone in Mass. had written the CNC code to produce this part. We are in the process of following that lead.

So, the question is, do any of you have any recommendations for getting my pet gun back to original. Yea, I could turn it into a extractor only gun but would really like to bring it back to original condition. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Gary Laudermilch is offline   Reply With Quote