Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Laminate Barrels
Unread 08-22-2024, 02:51 PM   #1
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,189 Times in 463 Posts

Default Laminate Barrels

Back in January or so, I purchased at auction an L2 grade lifter (transition model) with the new lifter and no pin but with a wedge fore end. It was marked as a Parker made lifter barrel set but the pattern was invisible (no finish left). It was an 1879 12 gauge barrels with typical 11 gauge tubes,The barrels were pitted throughout but had not been bored or honed. I sent them to Skeet's and had them bored .010 (.005 per wall) and the chokes adjusted. I then sent them to Breck and had them refinished. He contacted me today and told me he is shipping them back today. He included a picture of the finished barrels and I wanted to post it here as I think the pattern across the barrel is interesting. Looks like another super job from Breck. Click on the picture for an enlarged view.

While the gun was away, I removed the frozen top bolt and replaced it, stripped and de-oiled the stock and insert a missing section of the right lockplate surrounding wood. When everything was solid, I refinished the stock. I isn't a high grade gun but the barrels are interesting and the original gun didn't attract any interest and I got it for a few hundred dollars. So far I am out less than $1500 and have a nice useable lifter with rare barrels.

I will post a few finished pictures when I recieve the barrels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lam13.jpg (493.8 KB, 40 views)
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post: