Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Cleaning/Unboxing question
Unread 06-08-2024, 01:48 PM   #1
CalebBungart
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Cleaning/Unboxing question

New to the forum, I have been reading it for a while to gather information. Have learned a tremendous amount, thank you. Sorry if this has been addressed before and I missed it. So I have an "uncle" that I help take care of. He has been bed bound for about 8 years now after a bad automobile accident. He has been a gun collector since his youth and is now in his late 60's. I have been pulling out his guns and cleaning everything then cataloging everything with him lately so he can see them all and talk about them. Well I have made it to the safes filled with Parker Reproductions still in the original boxes, and this is where I don't want to mess up. There are around 75 still in the original boxes, along with several in presentation cases, and multiple sets of what look like extra barrels in the original boxes. My question is, should I pull these out of the original wrappings and clean/oil them or leave them as the are? And if I do need to pull them and oil them, what is your suggestion of the best product to use on them. I use G96 gun treatment on my own stuff (I collect bolt and lever guns), but didn't know if it was sufficient for these Parkers? Thanks, I've enjoyed reading and learning so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parkers.jpg (513.6 KB, 65 views)
CalebBungart is offline   Reply With Quote