Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Spring Gobbler #1 for 2024
Unread 05-05-2024, 02:30 PM   #1
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,268 Times in 2,784 Posts

Default Spring Gobbler #1 for 2024

So it's not a Parker but it's my go-to turkey gun. Remington Super Mag with a red dot, XF turkey choke and it feeds on 1 1/2oz of TSS (I reload these too). Bad medicine for our tough PA turkeys. On 5/4, our opening day, around 6:05 a hen came into the food plot on the far end from me. She was "grazing". About 15-20 minutes later I see two black bodies come into the clover. "Game on!" They were not quite 300 yards away and just followed that hen around. I heard no gobbling all morning and the Toms did not strut. They all three disappeared down toward the creek valley and I didn't see them anymore. 7:15 I catch a glimpse of a red flash out of the corner of my eye. Then another. Then the hen walks around a chestnut tree 40 yards out. Then one gobbler "periscopes" my decoys. That's all it took, pulled the trigger and he was stoned at 40 yards. He weighed 19 lb 13 oz and had a 5 1/4" beard. Probably the smallest Tom I shot in a while. His crop was full of dandelion heads, clover and gravel. Tomorrow I take my 8 year old grandson out. Would be nice if we both tag a gobbler in the same morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24 gobbler 1.jpg (511.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 24 gobbler 1 crop.jpg (530.6 KB, 2 views)
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!