Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Caroline
Unread 09-11-2022, 07:15 AM   #1
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,209 Posts

Default Caroline

This is Caroline. She and I shared a spot on a sunflower field yesterday afternoon. This sweet Parker had come to live with me some months before I was involved in a drowning mishap that resulted in my being in ICU, on a ventilator, for nearly two weeks, under sedation. When I was removed from it, and later the breathing tube, I was greeted one day by a young lady nurse named Caroline, the daughter of a close friend and hunting buddy of mine. As she stood by my bedside and related to me why I was there, and what I had been through, I thought I was looking at the most beautiful person I'd ever seen.

Later, after my complete recovery, as I sat on a dove field with the Parker I realized it was the most beautiful Parker I'd ever seen in person. (Bear with me guys, I'd been a Fox man most of my life. ) I give many of my vintage guns feminine names and one day, as I was driving to a dove shoot with the DHE, it occurred to me that she should be named after my sweet, pretty friend, Caroline.

Caroline has 32 inch 20 ga., and also 32 inch 16 ga., barrels. She was wearing the 20s yesterday afternoon, and shooting RST LITEs, in no. 8s.

How neat that the little butterfly chose to land on the gun just before I snapped the pic.

Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote