Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-01-2022, 08:20 AM   #16
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 12,005 Times in 3,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
Edgar, 99.96% of my shooting is done with reloads. About the only time I buy and shoot new shells is to replenish hulls for reloading. As a reloader of 28ga. I still have a bag and a half (500/bag) of 28ga. Spred-R inserts, but having 28ga. Repros choked Q1/Q2, IC/M and M/F I have little need to load up Spred-R's for my shooting needs. I can just use another set of barrels, but if the need arises I have a lifetime supply of the inserts on hand just in case. I don't know why the Spred-R would't work just as efficiently with #5, 6 or 7 1/2 shot as they do with 8s or 9s.

As for your counter question, I haven't any idea -- you'd expect that the gun would produce patterns commensurate with its choke designation. I also have to believe that your IC/M stamped Repro with .015/.021 constrictions falls outside the norm and is an exception rather than the rule.

Maybe you should have measured that IC/M stamped barrels before you wrote the check, eh?
I wonder if those in inserts are still available. I load 28s also, but it's kind of a pain to segregate ammo on a per-gun basis.
I am sure my 28 was more the exception and not the rule. I bought it from a gun shop on the opposite side of the country, and am not a fan of shipping stuff back and forth. I would have believed I could take it's stamping as truth, so never gave it a lot of thought. plus it filled the gap between my factory 24" and factory 28".
The two barrel set I gave my daughter measures exactly as marked.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote