Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Case Colors
Unread 06-16-2021, 12:19 AM   #1
jeffery c
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Case Colors

I sure love vibrant case colors, these guns are original in good condition showing how the different companies did them. The Smith is a post-war and sure looks like bone charcoal case colors. The Remington is similar and they all seem close to me to SAA Colt colors. The Parker is in general more muted with less tan and contrast favoring blue. The Savage/Stevens if for sure cyanide and actually looks better than these pictures show, a 220 grit matte finish with swirling complex pattern. Of course I prefer bone charcoal colors but I think cyanide colors look great when done on a matte finish surface. Any comments or thoughts one how to ID original colors would be welcome. It seems to me Parker colors might be a bit different than most, favoring blue with less contrast. Can the members post pictures of their guns with good condition colors of the various makes?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38CF6F14-7733-4696-906E-3A48DA13E297.jpg (519.8 KB, 30 views)
jefferyconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jefferyconnor For Your Post: