Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-21-2021, 01:30 AM   #11
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,088 Times in 1,477 Posts

Went scouting for turkeys Thursday and Friday. Great trip. I have never seen so many birds. They are still in flocks and haven’t broken up yet. Hopefully by opening day this coming Saturday they will no longer be buddy’s.
My brother George and I slept under the stars, just before daylight while still laying on the cot I let out a best imitation of an owl hoot. 200 yards away turkeys went crazy. Needless to say that got us pumped up.
After breaking camp and locating more birds we stopped at a small lake and threw some lures. We caught and released about 30 small trout nothing bigger than 10”. Rainbows and Browns.
About 10:00 AM we tried calling Coyotes. I was using a Burnham Bros. J1 call. After 3 separate calling sequences over about 15 minutes George whispered two coming in.
I shifted slightly and a coyote spotted me at about 75 yards, I was not in position to shoot. (Carrying my HK 22 Mag. Rifle)
Darn I thought I blew it, about that time 4 coyotes came charging in trying to be the first to the sound of a squealing baby Javelina.
We were sitting back to back but I was able to watch George roll a big coyote with his early Heavy Duck Winchester model 12.
What a great day to be out and be able to share with my brother.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post: