Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Curious new guy from VT
Unread 01-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
Tim Upton
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Curious new guy from VT

Hello

My father died of cancer a few years ago. One day, several months before he died, it hit him that he wouldn't ever be able to hunt again. He told me that he wanted me to take all of his guns, and do whatever I wanted with them.

I decided I would keep a few guns that were still in active use, along with several older guns that I thought were particularly pretty/interesting, or had some sentimental value. I gave my brother and sister the pick of what they wanted. The rest, I traded in at a gun shop and turned them into a few new guns for myself and my own boys.

Anyway, one of the guns I found in the cabinet was a Parker double, which I'd never really known much about. From what I've been able to find, I believe was manufactured in the 1890s. (I've ordered a letter.) When I was doing the trade, I asked the gun dealer to appraise it for me. He told me it wasn't really worth anything because of some damage to the stock. Based on some other appraisals he did, I'm not sure I should believe him. I have no interest in selling it, so it probably doesn't really matter, but I'm still curious as to whether I've got a boat anchor, a mildly interesting gun that belonged to my father (which is pretty cool),or something else. So here I am.

I've got lots of detailed photos. I'll just put up one of the gun and one of the damaged stock to start. Does this really make the gun junk?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Tim

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg
Tim Upton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Upton For Your Post: