Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums Website & Forum - Help & Assistance

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Need help with a 16ga Trojan
Unread 01-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
Peter Brissette
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Need help with a 16ga Trojan

Good Afternoon,
I am new to the organization so please be gentle with me. A very close friend of mine who doesn't do any shooting announced to me recently that he'd inherited an old shotgun. It is a 16 ga. Parker Trojan, serial #161057. It's on a 1 size frame. The stock is not checkered but it does have a "checkering pattern" printed on both the fore end and the but stock. The fore end has a different serial number (169149) on it than all the rest of the parts. The butt plate is a Remington butt plate. The bluing on the barrels is about 60% and the case colors on the frame are pretty much gone. The worst thing about it is there is a crack in the stock at the wrist. My friend took the gun to Cabelas in Scarborough Maine and they said it would retail for $3200 but they would not buy it because of the crack. My dilemma is that I'd like to make him an offer but I want to be fair to him and to myself. Does anyone have a ballpark idea as to what this gun is worth? I've posted a few pictures (with great difficulty) Thanks for any suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0813.jpg (493.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0816.jpg (500.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0809.jpg (486.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0810.jpg (497.7 KB, 1 views)
Peter Brissette is offline   Reply With Quote