Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Guess I am a Parker Collector now!
Unread 07-10-2015, 06:11 PM   #1
Mike Mc
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Guess I am a Parker Collector now!

I bought my second Parker yesterday, so I guess I am officially a collector now. After 3 years hunting and shooting clays with my first Parker, I saw another at my favorite gun shop that really spoke to me. My first Parker was a definite field grade VH 12ga, manufactured in 1898, and still pretty much in all original condition. Along with friends, with my first Parker, I have broken a lot of clays in Texas and shot a few Pheasants in Iowa.

My second Parker is a GHE 12ga. manufactured in 1890. It is a bit of a mixmaster, like my M1s. The original Damascus barrels were replaced in 1964 with Austrian Bohler-Blitz-Stahl steel barrels made by Johan Fanzoi in Ferlach, Austria. The original splinter forearm was replaced perhaps at the same time by a beavertail forearm with a different serial number than the frame. The original frame has nice engraving, while the case hardening is gone, but the fancy walnut stock is in great condition. Can't wait for Pheasant season this fall.
Mike McAnelly is offline   Reply With Quote