Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #23
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 12,069 Times in 3,236 Posts

I no sooner got there and Mssrs Frey and Suponski and I were out of the small bore course; they shooting 20s and me taking out the gun from hell for the first time. I gave Dave a proper whopping, but not sure how Larry shot**. It looked like he was doing great, but he 'claimed' he did better on the big bore course in the afternoon. Dave and I shot the big bore course also and enjoyed it immensely, me more so, as I beat him again. Following a good looking blond in breaks, shooting with, ahem, her 'grandfather' was fun too. When she finally broke her last pair on station 8, Dave and I gave her applause, but the look we got in return suggested it wasn't received with the gusto that it was sent with.
That gun from hell fits me so well, thanks to Chris Dawe making it to the dimensions I gave him. Dave promised he'd sell me his GHE 16 if I beat him, but I failed to get a price out of him at that time.
It wasn't until I was on my way home did I even realize, I never bothered to walk thru the tents to look at the eye candy. I did remember the DHE 0 frame 16 as I looked at it twice.
Dover Furnace definitely gets an A+ for quality, scenery and layout.
Brian Edward stopped by the booth and we all had a great visit with him.

** Larry thinks I was dissing him. I wasn't. he shot better than all of us.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post: