Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
8 ga unloading
Unread 01-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default 8 ga unloading

was sent some 8 ga loaded industrial shells by a friend of this board...as ya ll all know they are to stout of a load to shoot in a sporting gun..these shells are winchester with the clear hull and no 2 lead shot.. first thing i done was to take a small srew driver and prize the top wad out and saved it..then poured the shot into a plastic cup then i weighed the shot 3 1/8 ounce in these load. next thing to do was take a knife and cut the roll crimped plastic end off the shell..was gona use a 10 ga shell cutter but would not slip into the hull so used the knife a 12 ga woulda probanly worked but i did not have one..next i removed a plasic sleeve that was wrapped inside the hull guess it helped hold shot to a better pattern.. then next was apaper wad had to make a long screw to get it out...then next was aplastic wad cup over the powder about 1/8 inch thick.then i poured out the powder for i did not know what kind it was.. thus i had a nice hull with primer in it... then i took the old pliars and resized the hull..then i used 21 grains of reddot powder then used the old plastic cup then the paper wad card then added 1 1/4 ounce of that no 2 lead shot in theshell then topped it off with the top card then added a 1/2 inch paper wad over the shot to hold the load in i did not roll crimp it i left it as a brass hull would be fixed.i did not glue the top wad in because i was fixing to shoot it... put it in the old parker and fired it up in the top of a tall oak..was impressed by the way the limbs shook up there...but as every body knows 21 grains of red dot will not put no hurt on a 8 ga gun so no recoil but plenty of noise and woula brought outa the top of that oak tree the biggest squirl ever born... now i ve still got a hull good enough to reload several times andclose to 2 ounce of shot left...got to say thanks to the feller that made this evening shoot possible...thanks charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: