Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Repro small gauge chokes....
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,922 Times in 538 Posts

Default Repro small gauge chokes....

Has anyone done any extensive pattern testing with the .28 gauge Parker repro M/F barrel set? I have shot clays with IC/Mod and at the same time swoped the barrels to M/F set at each station. At the end the scores were about the same with only a couple extra birds broke with the 26" open barrels. Both the scores were just under my normal shooting with my repro .20 gauge. I think if I would use the correct set of barrels needed for each stations presintation or distance being shot my scores would be even better than with my 20 gauge. I sent the barrels from one of my 20 gauge M/F sets out and had both chokes opened......010 and .024 from .018 and 038 I can't say it made a noticable difference in my sporting clays scores. Are club has several long shots that the tight choke is better at breaking. I have a inside barrel reader by stan baker....the 28ga. bore and chokes read 26" Ic=.004 mod=.013 , 28" set mod= .014 full= .033 My question is about the .033 choke, does it throw a good pattern with 7.5# 3/4oz loads?, and for hunting with 5 or 6 shot? Anyone have any test proven info? I plan to test them myself but not in the winter here in ohio...TDC!!! thanks Kenny Graft SXS ohio....(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote