Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
GH refresh / restore question
Unread 04-18-2021, 04:22 PM   #1
Michael Tamborello
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default GH refresh / restore question

Hello

I recently acquired a post 30's era GH 20 ga. with 26" skeet/skeet barrels. It feels like a really nice gun and I would like to be able to shoot it. The barrels seem to be in good shape with the exception of the right barrel end having a small flat spot from a drop. I see no evidence of cracks, dents or rib looseness. The receiver seems to be in good condition. This gun was clearly well used. The stock was broken and "repaired" with nails and a brass screw inserted horizontally through the receiver!. The forend has something I have never seen, the sides were crudely cut down about a half inch on the rear 3/4's? My question for you is pertaining to the barrels and receiver. Can someone recommend a shop to reblue the barrels and go through the receiver for me. I don't know if that would be a single shop or two? I am not looking to restore it to show quality, just to get it back to being a nice looking shooter. I am repairing the stock since it is a matching numbers item and I think the forend I will refinish as is since it a mystery why someone would modify it like they did. I assume a new stock and forend would be quite expensive to have replaced. I know any estimate of cost would be only a guess but some ballpark numbers would be appreciated. I live in Houston if anyone has a local shop to recommend.

Thank You

Michael
Michael Tamborello is offline   Reply With Quote