Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ser. No. 39135
Unread 09-24-2026, 12:15 PM   #1
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,178
Thanks: 41,652
Thanked 38,397 Times in 13,904 Posts

Default Ser. No. 39135

Where is Parker 39135 today?

I have a bunch of pictures of it when it was at my home to dissect in order to see the operating mechanism of the patented "Butt Safety"





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 09-24-2026, 01:30 PM   #2
Member
David Noble
PGCA Member
 
David Noble's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,106
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 1,427 Times in 503 Posts

Default

Post those pictures Dean!
David Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to David Noble For Your Post:
Unread 09-25-2026, 01:14 PM   #3
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,178
Thanks: 41,652
Thanked 38,397 Times in 13,904 Posts

Default

I'll try....


.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4035.jpg (510.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4016 (1).jpg (551.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4025.jpg (509.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4036.jpg (504.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4037.jpg (503.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4005.jpg (524.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4023.jpg (514.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4041.jpg (503.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4047.jpg (491.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4046.jpg (542.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4009.jpg (533.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4051.jpg (487.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4052.jpg (517.4 KB, 0 views)
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 09-25-2026, 01:48 PM   #4
Member
edgarspencer
PGCA Member
 
edgarspencer's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,026
Thanks: 3,630
Thanked 14,678 Times in 3,823 Posts

Default

Patented by whom? That's not Parker workmanship.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 09-25-2026, 03:57 PM   #5
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,178
Thanks: 41,652
Thanked 38,397 Times in 13,904 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
Patented by whom? That's not Parker workmanship.
i don't know if it was ever patented Edgar. But it sure worked as intended.




.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2026, 04:26 PM   #6
Member
edgarspencer
PGCA Member
 
edgarspencer's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,026
Thanks: 3,630
Thanked 14,678 Times in 3,823 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
i don't know if it was ever patented Edgar. But it sure worked as intended..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
I have a bunch of pictures of it when it was at my home to dissect in order to see the operating mechanism of the patented "Butt Safety" .
You said Butt.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 09-25-2026, 10:00 PM   #7
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,178
Thanks: 41,652
Thanked 38,397 Times in 13,904 Posts

Default

I just looked through all of the Parker patents but the only patents pertaining to Parker shotguns simply are listed as “breech-loading firearm” but nothing on safety mechanisms.






.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2026, 08:17 AM   #8
Member
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime
Member Since
Second Grade

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,414
Thanks: 7,345
Thanked 10,975 Times in 5,737 Posts

Default

No more "shootin' from the hip".
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread Yesterday, 12:03 PM   #9
Member
Keavin Nelson
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
keavin nelson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,110
Thanks: 7,632
Thanked 1,731 Times in 603 Posts

Default

That is certainly unique. What was the safety shoe made of, wood, bakelite????
__________________
Keavin Nelson
keavin nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #10
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,178
Thanks: 41,652
Thanked 38,397 Times in 13,904 Posts

Default

Keavin, I believe it was either bakelite or gutta percha.





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.