![]() |
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|
#3 | ||||||
|
The reason some guys are asking more for their 12s is because they paid the premium back when they commanded higher prices. Buy retail, sell wholesale is hard to swallow for some.
Ask me how I know. ![]() But…trends are trends, and they will change…if you live long enough.
__________________
"Doubtless the good Lord could have made a better game bird than bobwhite, and better country to hunt him in...but equally doubtless, he never did." -- Guy de la Valdene (from A Handful of Feathers ) "'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy) |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: |
|
|
#4 | ||||||
|
Thats true enough, Garry!
I'd think people would want to shoot 12s with the prices of today's small gauge ammo. |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris Robenalt For Your Post: |
|
|
#5 | ||||||
|
I am a big fan of 12ga #2 frame Parkers. As others have said, the market is the market like it or not. In original condition guns, grade for grade in similar condition, 20ga Parkers are selling for 3.5 to 4X over a 12ga. If your in the 12ga camp times are good. In the 20ga Parker offering the best value, in a graded example, are the GH's in my opinion.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post: |
|
|
#6 | ||||||
|
I think one of the reasons is that a lot of us are older and don’t like the recoil as much as we used to.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Livesay For Your Post: |
|
|
#7 | ||||||
|
My impression is that the prices for 12 gauge sxs guns have fallen so drastically is that the market is FLOODED with them.
.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man. Not because I think they're better than the other breeds, but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture." George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic. |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: |
|
|
#8 | ||||||
|
I love a 30"-32" #2 frame 12. In most cases(regardless of barrel type) you can shoot most target loads without worry. They swing well and hold their own on a sporting clays course.
I did just get a #1 frame 12 and have been shooting these 7/8oz loads from Fiocchi: https://www.fiocchiusa.com/shotshell...-1278OZ75.html They are wonderful and I have been able to hit some far targets with those shells. Easy on the gun and shooter. They're wonderful in a #1 frame and maybe be even better in a #2 frame! |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: |
|
|
#9 | ||||||
|
12 gauge Parkers with condition are still selling just fine. It's hard to compare a brown VH with lots of blue loss and a recoil pad with a pristine VH with some color and a dogs head butt. Give me the item numbers of the Guyette guns that sold for nothing and I'll tell you why they sold for nothing.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: |
|
|
#10 | |||||||
|
Quote:
|
|||||||
|
|
|
|||||||
![]() |
|
|