Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Remington stepchild
Unread 08-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Remington stepchild

Remington made them, I think at the same time they were still making Parkers, DelGrego still works on them, but someone at the factory got the barrels on crooked. I just got the last of my "bucket list of guns I always wanted to own", a Model 32 Skeet in 95%+ condition. It's the only stack barrel gun I own! I was going to follow this with some pictures but got this far and realized this section is for "other doubles" so not wanting to cause hate and discontent will stop here! I tried to hold it the right way but it still ain't NORMAL in the pictures. A fine day to you all! Lee.
lee r moege is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,952 Times in 4,794 Posts

Go for it. Even I own a couple. Post the pictures.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bill! I'm proud of the old girl as it has taken a long time to find one in this condition and configuration. Regards, Lee.

Unread 08-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,952 Times in 4,794 Posts

A solid rib skeet. It looks like a new gun. Is it 26" or 28"? A good friend sold me his Arnold Griebel engraved 30" gun a few years ago. It is well stocked in some painfully plain wood with a nice checkering pattern. Oddly enough, not long befor I bought this gun, I sold some nice TC grade original wood to a friend who had some poorly stocked 32s. I really like the gun but it doubles occasionally. I should have Babe Del Grego look at it next time I visit.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Good day Bill: The old gal has 26" barrels and is so tight it is hard to put together if you have more than a light film of oil on the sides of the breech. It almost acts like hydraulic lock. Were all 32's that way? I talked to DelGrego's and another "smith" that works on 32's and was told if the trigger was badly adjusted by someone who didn't know them they will double in a heartbeat, and if they tried to lighten the pulls by stoning the hammers a repair could cost $1,000.00 or more. They suggested putting a trigger pull gage on it and if the trigger pull was less than 5 or 6 pounds somebody has monkeyed with it. The trap boys were the most guilty of this I was told. I havent't been able to shoot it myself yet as I had an aortic dissection Memorial day weekend but will be ready by September 1st, Kansas dove opener. I had a buddy shoot it before I bought it and it works fine, I just had trouble getting it away from him. Have a great day!. Lee.
Unread 08-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,425 Times in 12,427 Posts

I really like a 32 though I'll admit I think a 3200 is prettier. The 32 is a classic Remington skeet gun and I can't figure why one would be considered a "stepchild". If anything, I think the Parker Gun after 1934 could be considered a Remington "stepchild".
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #7
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Dean: I used the word stepchild as I posted on the Parker forum instead of the Remington forum. I understand your thoughts on Remington Parkers but one has to admit that this gun, [made in 1936] and post '34 Parkers were both made when Remington was making guns the "old fashioned way" instead of plastic, stampings, and piano wire. Lee.